Back to index
Adding a Transaction
To add a transaction upload it from the DéjàClick interface to your account. If your account has available monitoring credits, you will be able to select a Site Plan and enter configuration information in the Upload dialog. If there are no available monitoring credits, there will be no Site Plan to select. You will need to purchase credits.
Description of the monitored transaction. This is the name you provided when you uploaded it to your account
Allows selection of the appropriate monitoring plan from those available in your AlertSite account.
Displays an icon and text for the selected browser type: Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Mobile device.
AlertSite provides a number of strategies for customers to configure the circumstances that will cause an operational alert to occur.
- Round Robin: Monitoring is performed sequentially and each location finishes its test before the next one starts. Alerts are issued when two locations detect an error within the same monitoring interval. Rotated locations are allowed.
- Primary: Alerts are issued from the Primary location only when errors are detected from the primary and are verified not to be localized connectivity problems.
- Global Notify: Alerts are issued from all locations for all errors. Rotated locations are allowed for Usage Based accounts only.
- SLA (MultiPOP): An optional strategy using Error Correlation Technology and focuses on uptime by sending alerts only when two, three, or all of the monitoring locations detect an error simultaneously. Rotated locations are allowed.
- Global Verify: Alerts are issued from all locations as long as the errors detected are verified not to be localized connectivity issues. Rotated locations are allowed for Usage Based accounts only.
When set to Yes
, monitoring for each interval will rotate through the pool of locations configured for this device. The number of rotated locations is selected from the Locations per Interval
dropdown that appears when set to Yes
. Note that InSite locations cannot be rotated.
Locations per Interval
Number of locations to rotate through during each monitoring interval from the pool of locations configured for this device. There is no limit on rotation pool size or charge for adding locations to the pool. For Plan-based accounts, the rotation count is determined by the number of location credits.
The site type will be DéjàClick.
Determines the frequency of monitoring.
The amount of time that we'll wait for each HTTP step (network request, e.g., GET) in the transaction to respond, up to a maximum of 180 seconds, before timing out.
Enables or disables monitoring for this transaction only. Please note that it takes a few minutes for these updates to distribute to all monitoring locations.
Notify on Error?
Turn alert notifications on or off for this transaction. Please note that it takes a few minutes for these updates to distribute to all monitoring locations. See the footnote in the Manage Notifiers help page Configure Standard (Availability) Notifications
section for additional information.
TCP Traceroute on Network Error?
and AlertSite will conduct a TCP traceroute and send a notice to all E-mail alert recipients when we issue an alert for a network connectivity issue. A traceroute prints the route packets take to reach a host and is used by administrators and engineers in fault diagnosis.
Notify on Content Change?
and we will let you know if the size of your HTML page changes vs. the size that it was when we last tested. (This is for the last event only.)
This timeout specifies the amount of time an event (recorded user interaction) can take. Valid range is 1 to 180 seconds inclusive and must be greater than or equal to the Step Timeout
, since there can be multiple HTTP steps in an event. The recommended value is 90.
Continue Replay on Browser Timeout
This setting allows the continuation of replay of a transaction if the browser times out. Please be aware that enabling this option will prevent you from being notified in case of a browser timeout.
Disable Local Error Verification
Check this box to suppress the second attempt to verify an error from the same monitoring location, so that second attempt measurement credits are not consumed (Usage-Based Monitoring only
). The default verification behavior for all new devices is set in the Manage Account
screen Preferences section.
Disallow AlertSite QA Testing
Setting this option will exclude this device from participating in AlertSite's comprehensive quality assurance testing program. Participation is voluntary.
To set the default testing behavior for all new devices, select from the dropdown box labeled Default new devices to
in the Manage Account
These options are available if the device has the Fullpage
option or is a Usage-Based site plan.
- Check Page Objects - interval for checking objects; must be greater than or equal to monitoring interval
- Timeout Objects after - number of seconds to wait before timing out on the object load
- Send Notification on Object Errors - Send an alert if an error is detected on any object
- Report/Notify if Object Size Changes - Send an alert if the size of the object changes
- Report/Notify if Objects Are Missing or New - Send an alert when an object is no longer detected or a new object appears
This option is available for DéjàClick transactions and provides a capture of the page as seen in the browser. The capture is displayed by clicking the "camera" icon in the Detail Report. The options are:
User Experience Settings
- Capture Level - There are 6 capture levels available:
- Disabled - no page capture done
- Error Only - page captured when the transaction detects an error (set when transaction is uploaded)
- All Actions on Error - page captured for every action in the transaction when an error is detected
- All Actions - page captured for every action in the transaction even if no error is detected
- All Events on Error - page captured for every event (click, hover, etc.) when an error is detected
- All Events - page captured for every event (click, hover, etc.) even if no error is detected
Note: the last 4 capture options are available for Usage-based accounts only, and incur a charge of 0.5 measurement credits per screen capture. The images are retained for the account's data retention period.
- Capture Set - Select capture elements: the page image, HTML Source, and HTTP Headers.
- Capture Image Format - Currently, only jpeg format is available.
This section manages how you want to display browser-related events
and optional page-render timings
, in addition to the existing network timings
as your transaction loads pages into the browser. There are check boxes for two types of User Experience management:
- Perceived User Experience - Display "Above the Fold" and "First Paint" browser timings (this option is available only for Usage-Based customers)
- Display only base-page User Experience timings - Show the time it takes for the first document to start being displayed in the browser
Perceived User Experience timings are described as follows:
| First Paint
|| The time it takes for the the page to start rendering
| Above the Fold
|| The time it takes for all visible content rendered on the page to "stabilize"
For more information on User Experience timings, see User Experience Reporting
For DéjàClick transactions that have been configured with ContentViews
, this section displays a table with check boxes for Notify
and Inherit Global Errors
, along with the Name
of the ContentViews. By default, the boxes are not checked. The behavior of these two check boxes is:
- Notify: when checked, send alert notifications in the event of an error in the listed ContentViews. De-select the check box if you do not want alerts sent on error in ContentViews.
- Inherit Global Errors: when checked, report global errors not associated with a ContentView URL. De-select the check box if you do not want global errors in the main transaction reported in the ContentView. Global error examples:
- keyword error
- browser timeout
- fullpage timeout.
The ContentView Settings
section will not be displayed if the transaction does not have any ContentViews.
Back to top
Back to index