Usage Based Monitoring provides a level of flexibility that is unique in the industry:
- No monthly minimum/maximum usage requirements
- Up to 20% of unused measurement credits are rolled over into the next year's billing cycle for customers with annual billing
- North American and international monitoring prices are an average of 30% less than the competition
AlertSite gives you complete control over the frequency of measurements taken, where your URLs are monitored from and how much you pay for monitoring services. Modify your monitoring frequency at any time: Dial it down when you require fewer measurements taken per day, turn it up if you need more. You can also change the services you utilize, including website performance monitoring, transaction monitoring, service level agreement (SLA) monitoring, server availability, and e-mail monitoring.
Usage-Based Monitoring FAQs
Why use Usage Based Monitoring?
Usage Based Monitoring gives you unprecedented control of your AlertSite account. Pay only for measurements you intend to use. Change your monitoring intervals at any time.
What is a Measurement?
A “measurement” is defined as a single monitoring event from a single location (city), whether it’s email monitoring, Web performance monitoring, or a DéjàClick™ action. If you're monitoring a website from 3 locations concurrently, that's counted as 3 measurements. If you're monitoring a DéjàClick transaction that contains 5 steps (actions) from 2 locations, that's 10 measurements.
What are Measurement Credits?
Usage Based Monitoring takes advantage of a simple and flexible measurement credit purchasing plan. Measurement credits are applied to any services that are part of AlertSite’s Monitoring Suite including:
- Transaction Monitoring
- DéjàClick (Web and Mobile)
- soapUI API*
- Site Performance Monitoring
- SLA Performance Monitoring
- E-mail Monitoring
- Server Monitoring
Credit Usage is calculated as follows:
|| Usage Credits Used Per Measurement
|| Non-Full Page
|| Full Page
API monitoring consumes credits at the Full Page rate and is not applicable to Region 3
Optional features also consume credits as described below:
Measurement credits are tabulated based on Location and Page Detail weighting:
How do I know how many measurement credits I purchased, used, and have remaining?
- Region 1 consists of United States, Canada and the United Kingdom
- Region 2 consists of all other countries
- Region 3 consists of all live mobile network provider locations.
AlertSite Usage Based Monitoring reports provide custom-detailed on-demand reporting:
- Reports show the number of measurement credits purchased, used, and remaining in your account. They also show the daily average number of credits used since the start of your contract, and/or the daily average for a specified time period.
- Reports also show the amount of Full Page or Non-Full Page measurement credits consumed for Region 1, Region 2 and Region 3 monitoring locations.
- The Account Summary page of your console will display a snapshot of your Usage Statistics.
You can also set up an Email alert in the Manage Account
page to notify you when a user-specified percentage of credits remain.
What happens if I don't use all of the measurement credits that I purchase in one year?
Usage Based Monitoring annual contracts can “roll over” up to 20% of unused prepaid measurement credits from one year to the next with renewal.
What happens if I run out of measurement credits?
You can purchase additional credits right from Account
→ Purchase Credits
in your Console. You can also purchase additional measurement credits by contacting an AlertSite performance adviser or sales representative. Credit overage is billed in arrears at your overage rate.
How can I calculate the number of measurements I need?
Please contact your AlertSite sales representative to get a usage calculation. You can find your sales rep contact information from Support
→ AlertSite Contact
in the Console.